Wednesday, October 1, 2014

HDR Final Project

asymmetrical balance
ISO 400 f/22 1/50, 1/200, 1/13
 I chose to shoot here because Chic is a family owned business and I grew up spending a lot of time here.

framing
ISO 400 f/22 1/250, 1/1000, 1/60
 I shot at Hershey Stadium, because going to concerts in the summer is my favorite thing to do.

symmetrical balance
ISO 400 f/22 1/250, 1/1000, 1/60
 I chose Hershey Park because during the summer I go there a bunch of times with my friends.

vertical/leading lines
ISO 400 f/22 1/250, 1/1000, 1/60
 I took photos at the pergola in front of my house because I take my photos before every dance here.

different perspective
ISO 400 f/22 5s, 1.3s, 20s
I picked this location because the music room in my house is very special to my family.  My mom always plays the piano and I practice my violin.

repetition/pattern
ISO 400 f/22 1/250, 1/1000, 1/60
I picked the ride "Skyview" because I have made many memories on it.

HDR is my favorite type of photography that I have explored so far.  I love how it adds a ton of detail to a shot.  I also like how you can choose from different filters and make the photos look less realistic.

These images don't exactly tell a story, but they do all have a sentimental value.  They are all locations that mean something to me.  The images I created partially changed the relationship of what I like to photograph, because I found that I enjoy taking pictures of things that have meaning to me.

The lighting affected the photographs because for HDR, each image is created using 3 photos (each with different lighting).  When the layers are combined, it creates an immensely detailed photograph.

1 comment:

  1. Symmetrical balance The fountain at Hershey Park

    Repetition / pattern The Pergola in the neighborhood

    Different point of view / perspective The skyview at Hershey Park

    Asymmetrical balance The hair designs shop

    Framing The Hershey stadium

    Lines (leading, diagonal, horizontal, vertical) The music room


    Which photo has the best composition? Why?

    The best photo would have to be the one of the fountain at Hershey park. The colors and set up are perfect. The people were cleared and the colors are bright. The trees create a great way to fill the open space of the sky.

    Which photo would you hang on your wall? Why?

    I would hang the photo of the pergola up on my wall. This photo looks as if you yourself are walking through it. I would like this because it feels like you are walking into a different world.

    Which photo could use a little work? What needs done? (composition/lighting/cropping/camera angle/camera technique)

    I truly believe that all of these photos were beautifully done. If I had to choose one photo that needed work it would be the skyview one. This is a great photo, but the intense colors almost take away from the composition itself.

    When looking at the entire set of images what do they say about the photographer? Can you determine anything about the person by looking at their photos? Do they tell a story or are they just a collection of images?

    These images that you’ve taken say a lot about your personality. You are a very light spirit and like the outdoors. I could tell that each of these photos were not just pictures of places outside , but feelings captured in the camera. When you look at these photos you can tell you were having a fun time taking them.

    ReplyDelete