Friday, December 19, 2014

Social Issue Project Proposal

My social issue I plan to advertise is depression and suicide awareness.  I chose to do this because I know people who have been suicidal, and because I have had some issues with depression as well.  People need to be concerned about this so that the depression and suicide rate can go down.  Teens especially need to know that they are not alone and they can get help.  I can motivate people to care about this by showing them what teens especially and others are feeling and how important this issue is.

Statistics

  • 17.5 million Americans struggle with depression
  • 2/3 of people who suffer from depression do not seek help
  • women experience depression twice as often than men
  • 30,000 Americans commit suicide every year

No comments:

Post a Comment