Friday, November 14, 2014

Portraiture

Final Piece

Edit 1:

Edit 2:

Edit 3:

Edit 4:

Edit 5:

Edit 6:

Edit 7:
My model for the project was my best friend Lucy Hummer.  I showcased her personality through the portraits because she is a genuinely happy person.  Also, she loves nature and being outdoors, so I took pictures in trees and in wooded areas.  One of Lucy's hobbies is rock climbing, so I thought it would be cool to try to incorporate that.  I posed her on the rocks in the black and white picture to create an interesting variation of one of her favorite things.

I really enjoyed this project.  It was probably one of my favorites that I have done so far in my time as a student photographer.  I liked going to different locations and having my model change outfits.  I thought that my project turned out very well in the end, and I am proud of my work.  Lucy loved the finished piece and the class responded well to it too.

Some tips I would give to other people who are doing  assignment are: watch out for sun spots, pose for the model so they know what you want them to do, and shoot during the prime lighting hours.

The most challenging part of this assignment for me was definitely creating the expression panel.  It took a while for me to decide what I wanted to do, and it was annoying trying to make sure all of the photos were spaced out evenly.  One thing I think I did well on was having a variety of angles for my shots.

No comments:

Post a Comment