Saturday, May 9, 2015

Surrealism Final

color
This photo represents who I am on the outside because it shows that I am usually a shy and reserved person.  To show this, it was taken at a higher angle to make me look smaller, and I am looking away.  The photo shows who I am on the inside because I have a love for darker/creepy things.  I deal with depression, so the dark tone to this piece and the cracked stone in the background do a good job of expressing that side of me.
black & white
For this piece, I wanted to do something different by only using a small portion of my face.  Once again, I posed this way because I wanted to show that I am shy on the outside.  I really liked the secondary picture that I used with the bird.  That picture sets an "Edgar Allen Poe vibe" which I absolutely love.  I think that the bird can be used as a symbol to represent who I am on the inside, because I tend to isolate myself/prefer to be alone.
color
This picture of Lucy represents her on the outside, because to people that don't know her she can come across as uninviting.  People usually assume that she doesn't like them because she is very reserved and closed off.  The map represents who Lucy is on the outside because she loves to travel.  She just recently went to France, and she also has a room covered in maps.
black & white
This pose represents who Lucy is on the outside because she is shy around people who don't know her, and she hides her emotions.  On the inside, Lucy has a bubbly personality and is genuinely happy.  I chose a secondary photo of trees and nature because everything is in bloom and it gives off a happy vibe.  Also, Lucy loves to go hiking and camping with her family.
 
Overall, I really liked the concept of this project.  It's interesting to find out things about my classmates that you wouldn't know by just looking at them on the outside.  The project itself was stressful because it took me a while to find images that went with the portraits.  In the end, I liked how all of my pieces turned out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment